[TeXmacs] How to get value of the environment variable from scheme?

  • From: "Takama M." <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] How to get value of the environment variable from scheme?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 03:33:59 +0900

Hi,

I feel pleasure of using TeXmacs recently.
Now I want to know the method to get value of the variable
stored in the TeXmacs environment from scheme side.

I try to find those ...
and found such procedures "get-env" and "get-env-tree".

Though the help pages of the TeXmacs are very well and
useful, those procedures are not documented in detail.

The lines below are my poor efforts.
Am i on the right path?
Or are there other better methods?

<assign|xx|7>
scheme] (get-env "xx")
=> "7"
OK!

<assign|tpl|<tuple|H|e|l|lo>>
scheme] (get-env "tpl")
=> ""
???

scheme] (get-env-tree "tpl")
=> <tuple|H|e|l|l|o>
Hummm...

scheme] (tm-car (get-env-tree "tpl"))
=> tuple
scheme] (tm-cdr (get-env-tree "tpl"))

scheme] (define (tmcadr t) (tm-car (tm-cdr t)))
scheme] (tmcadr (get-env-tree "tpl"))
=> H

T.M.