[TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs as a part of a web publishing workflow in Rice's Connexions

  • From: Henri Lesourd <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs as a part of a web publishing workflow in Rice's Connexions
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:04:40 +0200

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas wrote:

Hi all,

Me and my studenst are thinking in use TeXmacs as a tool for the creation of content that will be uploaded later on the Connexions project of the Rice University ( www.cnx.org ).

Wow, really a cool project !

The quick solution is to say TeXmacs that all CAS sessions are in black also. There is any way to make this?

Dunno.

There is any way to make this on the exported LaTeX doc only?

One thing you definitely can do is to write an export function
in Scheme to rewrite the document to LaTeX, or any other kind
of markup language. This is initially a little bit more work,
but this way, you can do exactly what you need.

Also I would like to know if there is any way to say TeXmacs that uses the Windows Look and Feel from the first time without going to the manual configuration.

Change the Look and Feel manually once, and then diff the
files in .TeXmacs to know exactly how the configuration files
have been altered. Once you know this, you can write a script
which modifies the appropriate file to change the configuration.

The configuration files contain s-expressions, thus there's
no hard problems for reverse-engineering the encoding (which
should remain rather stable across versions, IMHO).

Pdt: Sorry about crossposting but the last time I check my mail didn't arrive to users and is working fine on dev.

Eh, precisely, I post you an answer discussing possible hacks
to solve your problems, thus now it HAS to go on dev ;-)...

  • [TeXmacs] Re: [Texmacs-dev] TeXmacs as a part of a web publishing workflow in Rice's Connexions, Henri Lesourd, 09/24/2008