Re: [TeXmacs] "Simple" installing of Texmacs

  • From: Marc Lalaude-Labayle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] "Simple" installing of Texmacs
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 09:09:56 +0100

Hi,

i think the main problem with VM is the RAM od the host.

When you teach in high school or even in small universities, you don't
have 1 Go or 2 Go PCs, and using a VM can't be really efficient.

That's why a small live cd/usb as made by our colleague C.C. Huang is a
good thing. But having a simple (and complete) windows installer is a
must have for schools.

Personnaly, i do as you do : i use virtualbox and have a virtual XP
machine in which i tried the different windows versions before showing
it to colleagues.

Regards

MArc