[TeXmacs] tébleau de variations (variation of fonctions)s

  • From: "el.douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] tébleau de variations (variation of fonctions)s
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 14:59:14 +0100

hi everybody
in lycée classes in France we teach tableaux de variations

these are "blocks" with
one line for the variable, x, containing the values of x that are important for the fonction: -inf, +inf, boudns of definition set, extrema, zeros..
one line for f'(x) with the sign of the derivee on each interval
one line for f(x), with arrows, erpressing if f increases or decreases

the problem that maths teachers in lycee often encounter when they must decide wether they type their documtns on the computer, or they write them, is the difficulty to produce well-looking tableaux de variations

it would be great to have e a system to create easyly such tableaux with texmacs

i encounter some dark points:
- in a block, would it be possible to make tabulars, not being obliged to type a lot of " " space caracters to set the position of a number where we want.
- i use for the moment some littel arrows that texmacs give in one of the maths tools. I use a little arrow that goes down and the sister littel arow that goes up. Is there a mean, in texmacs, to get easyly bigger arrows ?
- if i manage to create a satisfying tableau de variation, how can i proceed in order to reuse it each time i need it ? Shall i save my ready-to-use tableau de variation in a special file on my desktop, open it behind the file i am working on, and use a copy/paste ? is there a quicker and simpler means to do ?
- i have not reflected at all about the mean of generating automatically such a tableau, when the function f is given. But i knwo that, for example, some programms on Ti89 do it. You type the function, and the tableau appears. Of course this question is diffrent from the former ones, one time for one thing. But if anybody already has any idea on this point i take. For myself i am trying to discover maxima, which i think could be the tool to make such a tableau de variation generator.

Vincent

  • [TeXmacs] tébleau de variations (variation of fonctions)s, el.douwen, 12/11/2008