Re: [TeXmacs] Title in 2 lines

  • From: Alfe <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Title in 2 lines
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:24:55 +0100

Hi, Aleksandar,

Aleksandar Andreski wrote:

> I deleted the whole title section and re-typed everything (also
> addresses etc.) and it worked just fine. Not even necessary to use
> <new-line>, it automatically begins a new line after the first is full,
> with hyphenation and everything.
>
> Probably typed/inserted some confusing markup in the title the first
> time. Doesnt matter, it is OK now.

I also found this behavior. It is reproducible. I wrote this source:

<doc-data|<doc-title|This Is a Long Title<new-line>For<new-line>This Silly
And Utterly Useless<new-line>Example<new-line>I Am Writing>>

Then I went back to the wysiwyg-view which showed a perfect rendering, five
lines, each of them centered for itself. Then I pressed Shift-Enter once
while standing before the space after "Silly". At once the rendering became
nonsense, meaning that all <new-line> markups had no "newlining" effect
anymore, merely the newly inserted Shift-Enter broke the line, both lines
were suddenly left-flushed.

After this, no editing (except undo) undid this change: the lines stayed
unbroken at the <new-line> stuff. In source view mode I saw this:

<doc-data|
<doc-title|
This Is a Long Title<new-line>For<new-line>This Silly
And Utterly Useless<new-line>Example<new-line>I Am Writing

(So now the source appears broken and indented.)

When using copy/paste on this, ascii pasting renders this:

<doc-data|<\doc-title>
This Is a Long Title<new-line>For<new-line>This Silly

\ And Utterly Useless<new-line>Example<new-line>I Am Writing
</doc-title>>

So, pressing shift-enter changed something fundamentally but I cannot tell
what.

Maybe this helps find the bug :-}

Alfe

Alexander Fetke
Software Engineer

Testing Technologies IST GmbH
Michaelkirchstraße 17/18
10179 Berlin, Germany

Phone +49 30 726 19 19 24 Email address@hidden
Fax +49 30 726 19 19 20 Internet www.testingtech.com

UPCOMING EVENTS

January 26-28, 2009, TTCN-3 Tutorial
Accredited TTCN-3 Certification Course
www.testingtech.com/services/ttcn3_tutorial.php

February 16-19, 2009, Mobile World Congress
Barcelona, Spain, Hall 2.1, Booth #B77
www.mobileworldcongress.com/

February 23-25, 2009, TTCN-3 Tutorial
Accredited TTCN-3 Certification Course
www.testingtech.com/services/ttcn3_tutorial.php

Geschäftsführung: Theofanis Vassiliou-Gioles, Stephan Pietsch
Handelsregister HRB 77805, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg
Ust ID Nr.: DE 813 143 070