Re: [TeXmacs] Watermarks?

  • From: Paul Zarucki <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Watermarks?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 22:33:19 +0000

Hi David,

I don't know how to do this in Texmacs, but, if you save the document as a postscript file, it is not too difficult to add some postscript code which overprints/underprints a watermark (or anything you want, e.g. a letterhead). Then use ps2pdf or Ghostscript to convert the postscript file to PDF or just print it directly.

For example, the following postscript fragment prints a diagonal "Confidential" across the page.
gsave
1 1 scale
/Helvetica_Bold findfont
120 scalefont setfont
100 100 moveto
55 rotate
0 setlinewidth
(Confidential) true charpath stroke
grestore
Open the postscript file in a text editor and insert the above code after every line containing the string "%%EndPageSetup" (which occurs at the start of each page).

You can use a shell script to automate the process. In combination with Samba you can even create a virtual printer to do the job - just print to the virtual printer and out pops your document (or postscript or PDF file) with the desired watermark on every page! (We use this method for printing on headed notepaper where the printer only contains plain paper).

Paul.

David Teller wrote:
Hi everyone,

 Firstly many thanks to the TeXmacs team. Not only has it succeeded in
getting my father away from Word, but it has also succeeded in getting
me away from LaTeX, which wasn't an easy task.

I'm currently looking for a way to print some watermark on pages (e.g.
the word "Confidential", printed in light gray, at a 60 degrees angle,
in the background). Is there a way to do this? I'm not afraid to code a
short macro for this purpose.

Thanks,
 David

--

Electronic Equipments Ltd.
101 Ridgeway Avenue, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU5 4QN, United Kingdom

Technical Services