Re: [TeXmacs] cancel selection by typing something

  • From: Alfe <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] cancel selection by typing something
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 15:10:34 +0200

Hi Vincent,

El.douwen wrote:

> in all the mac or pc applications o know, when i select a text, then
> type something, what i am typing replaces the selction

This behavior you describe is common on Windows (and maybe Macintosh as
well). Nowadays it becomes more and more common on applications running on
Unix-based Systems (Linux, Solaris, etc.). Unixes normally did not have this
way of handling user input; I guess lots of typical Unix applications never
will (Emacs e. g.).

> in texmacs it does not. Sometimes i am agaced because when i want to
> work fast, i type as i am used to do, and i notice then that the
> selction is still there, so i have to cancel it.

Right, a switch would be nice. I don't know if there is any for this. Emacs
at least has it ;-)

Greetings,

Alfe