Re: [TeXmacs] at least !! :-) customize mod keys under mac os X [was: f(x)=&&& if x<0 and §§§ if 0<x<2 and ...]

  • From: "El.douwen" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] at least !! :-) customize mod keys under mac os X [was: f(x)=&&& if x<0 and §§§ if 0<x<2 and ...]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 12:45:09 +0100

hi Alfe
- could you lighten me about the instructions you have writed ?
are keycode 63 and keycode 66 the alt and apple keys ?
- what are the numbers of ctrl key, shift key... i mean if i want to
customize this

Maybe a small tool like 'xev' can answer these questions.  Just start it, move the mouse inside the opening window and press the key you are interested in.  'xev' will print all available data about the occurring X event.  The key code should be part of this event.

A larger tool like 'xkeycaps' might be available for MacOS as well.  It displays a keyboard with a choosable layout and can change lots of properties of this layout.  It also can show you all the key codes of course.

yes xev works and gives me the numbers
xkeycaps does not seem to exist

- does anyone know any mean to make this automatic at x11 opening ?

There are lots of ways to help you:
- Use a shell script to start TeXmacs which does the xmodmap call before starting TeXmacs.

ok i uynderstand this
wht i can do alone is
writing the script with xmodmap and with the instruction "texmacs"
putting this text on the desktop under the form of an "textextract"
moving this extract on to the terminal windows when i need to use texmacs
i dont call this an automatic method but for that i need no help and i think it will work
th following two explanations, i do not understand a word

- Put the xmodmap calls into your login script (depends on your shell, so 'echo $0' and then 'man bash' or 'man tcsh' or whatever your shell is -- I don't know Apple enough -- to find out what your login script is called).
- Put the xmodmap call into a system-wide start-up script for X.  Again, I don't really know where Apple-systems store these.

thank you very much, now i hope i can get at least my shortcuts in texmacs under mac os X
i write again to give the final script with the right keycode numbers

Vincent
Greetings,

Alfe

Si quelqu’un ne voit pas le rapport entre Aragon et Henri III qu’il nous écrive : il a gagné un bilboquet.

Desproges