Re: [TeXmacs] Octave3 plugin again

  • From: Mansour Moufid <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Octave3 plugin again
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 23:25:06 -0500

2009/12/21 chu-ching huang <address@hidden>:
> Since octave3 has a big leap with respective to octave2, especially in
> interaction with gnuplot, why not to separate octave 2/3? For instance,
> plugins octave2 and octave3.

I second this idea. It would make things much easier to maintain,
IMHO. Octave scripts can differentiate between versions 2 and 3 as
follows:

if (exist ("OCTAVE_VERSION") == 5)
## New code
else
## Old code
endif

But to do that in every file would be quite messy. So, perhaps the
current /plugins/octave/octave/ tree can be split into:
/plugins/octave/octave/2/; and /plugins/octave/octave/3/. Then, the
initialization script (.octaverc) could set the load path to include
one or the other tree depending on the simple test above.

> If you want to work with octave3, you can try tm_octave3.tgz.

This will be very useful over the next semester. ;-) Thank you.

--
Mansour Moufid