[TeXmacs] informative tags, labels

  • From: Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] informative tags, labels
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 15:30:41 +0200

Hi everybody,

First of all, a great thanks to anyone contributing to the texmacs project. I
use texmacs every day and it is an excellent piece of software. However, I
think a few things could be made even better.

For instance, if you select Document->View->Informative Flags -> Detailed (or
Also on paper), the flags are not always displayed properly (more precisely,
in a useful way). When labeling a line in the Equations environment, the
equation label is on the very right edge of paper. Viewing the informative
Flags (detailed), shows only the part of the label that fits on the paper (as
displayed on the screen). Thus a substantial part of the informative tag is
not shown at all (although there might be plenty of room in the canvas of the
texmacs window).

Also, it would be, in my opinion, very useful, if one could just drag and
drop the label (informative tag) to create references in text. I would also
like to propose an extension to the tab completion feature present in texmacs
- it would be even better if one was presented a list of possible completions
(much like in some IDEs, but in a sligthly modified way. Whenever I've seen
this functionality, the list's top is where the word to be completed is
located and choosing some completion is done by going down in the list. It
would be more natural to have the list move so that the word of choice is
always at the place where it will finally stay. Of course, this is just a
minor point. One first needs the completion-possibilities list).

Are there any plans to implement some of the above? Would be really cool :).
Unfortunately I am not a programmer and can't contribute directly myself. :(

Cheers,

Peter

  • [TeXmacs] informative tags, labels, Peter Rapčan, 03/28/2010