Re: [TeXmacs] Please help / how to implement syntax highlighting?

  • From: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Please help / how to implement syntax highlighting?
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 22:39:15 +0200

Dear Sylvain,

An efficient low-level mechanism for syntax highlighting is work in progress.
The next version should contain sufficient support for most purposes;
you can try it by using the SVN version: by typing '\minimal return',
you can type some text in a minimal programming language whose
formal syntax is defined in TeXmacs/progs/language/minimal.scm,
which also contains primitives for syntax highlighting.
The syntax corresponds to a packrat grammar.

You may contribute by adding grammars for increasingly complex languages:
starting with Makefiles and bash, you might add C, java, C++, ...
This would be a very useful contribution.

Best wishes, --Joris