Re: [TeXmacs] tetex missing for SuSE11.3

  • From: Friedrich Laher <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] tetex missing for SuSE11.3
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 18:59:43 +0200

Am 17.10.2010 15:35, schrieb Joris van der Hoeven:
On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 03:22:18PM +0200, Friedrich Laher wrote:

for SuSE11.2 yast, "packetsearch" ( webpin ) texmacs
did find it and
completely automatic instalation worked fine,
but
now, SuSE11.3 "packetsearch" fails and installing
the RPM diretly from texmacs.or
fails
because "tetex" is missing.
What can be done?

Force installation and don't care about tetex.

I did
Sometime soon, we will be completely independent of TeX/LaTeX.
At the time being, this is almost the case.
You may find it useful to install the extra fonts from texmacs.org.

and extrafonts as well
Best wishes, --Joris

but now I wanted to use it really but the mathematic modes are almost unusable

the equations-mode line in the screenshot abouve ist what is produced when the text  from the
line above it ist typed
and the menu show when clicking the sigma is of no use .