[TeXmacs] Re: Bibliography keys (BibTeX) are looked up with a prepended bib-

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Re: Bibliography keys (BibTeX) are looked up with a prepended bib-
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 11:32:46 +0200

Dear all,

How do you manage your BibTex citations?

I made some progress, but still don't have them working. I managed to
locate a package file, cite-author-year.ts where macros prepend bib-
to every BibTeX key:

<assign|cite-data|<macro|key|<get-binding|<merge|bib-|<arg|key>>>>>

<assign|cite-link|<macro|key|text|<style-with|src-compact|none|<locus|<id|<hard-id|<arg|key>>>|<link|hyperlink|<id|<hard-id|<arg|key>>>|<url|<merge|#bib-|<arg|key>>>>|<arg|text>>>>>

If I change bib- or eventually remove it altogether from the merge
function calls above, and if I add the package to my current document,
then TeXmacs seems to look for the correct reference, i.e. Brunel2008
and not bib-Brunel2008. I also tried removing the merge call entirely.

The problem is: it still complains that it doesn't find it ->

TeXmacs] Warning: Undefined reference Brunel2008

I am at a loss as to what to do - the reference IS contained in the
BibTeX file.

If this lookup worked, my roadmap would be to create a package that
exclusively redefines cite-data and cite-link and load it every time
for my document.

Comments and help certainly welcome!

-á.