[TeXmacs] Bibliography keys (BibTeX) are looked up with a prepended bib-

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Bibliography keys (BibTeX) are looked up with a prepended bib-
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 16:42:46 +0200

Hello,

It's been a while since I've used TeXmacs with a BibTeX bibliography
(last time 2006).

My last attempt is with a bib file in the same directory as the tm
file, the style 'plain' (note: not tm-plain) and a cite key

<cite|Brunel2008>

which I have verified to have indeed an entry in the bib file.

Every time I try to generate the citations via
Document->Update->Bibliography I receive the following error message:

TeXmacs] Generating bibliography [bib, plain,
/home/tejero/W/Thesis/library.bib]
TeXmacs] BibTeX command: cd $TEXMACS_HOME_PATH/system/bib;
BIBINPUTS=/home/tejero/W/Thesis:$BIBINPUTS
BSTINPUTS=/home/tejero/W/Thesis:$BSTINPUTS bibtex temp
TeXmacs] Warning: Undefined reference bib-Brunel2008
TeXmacs] Warning: Undefined reference bib-Brunel2008

i.e. TeXmacs prepends 'bib' to every citation. I don't know the
reasons for this but there must be some, since the TODO file asks

* Should BibTeX labels really be prefixed by "bib-"?

This e-mail wants to answer 'please, don't do that' and ask if
somebody knows a workaround / where to eliminate this by hand.

Best regards,

Álvaro.