Re: [TeXmacs] Crashes of the graphical mode in recent versions

  • From: Corcelle <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Crashes of the graphical mode in recent versions
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 23:02:37 +0200 (CEST)

> > Until now I was using TeXmacs 1.0.7.3 under Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.
> > Everything was working fine.
> >
> > I just tried the TeXmacs 1.0.7.7 package in Ubuntu Natty and the
> 1.0.7.10 binary from the website in Ubuntu Lucid and Natty.
> >
> > If I want to inserting a graphical mode (drawing a figure), when
> hovering the cursor over the drawing, TeXmacs immediately crashes with
> the message :
> >
> > X Error: BadPixmap
> > Request Major code 93 ()
> > ResourceID 0x0
> > Error Serial #52052
> > Current Serial #52526
> >
> > For now, I didn't see another problem and this new version is a real
> step forward in term of usability. The reorganisation of menus and the
> Focus are really efficient and when I will use this new version I
> think I won't be able to step back.
>
> I guess that you are not using qt mode of texmacs but the X11 mode.
> The qt mode does not have this problem.

You're right.

> if the website doesn't have an X11 download, are you up to compiling
> it
> yourself with a bit of help?

In fact, I already tried to install the Qt version from source without
success a few times. I just retried it.

- LaTeX and guile-config are installed
- ./configure --prefix=/home/me/local/QTeXmacs --enable-qt ends without
problem
- make ends with : make: *** [TEXMACS] Error 2

Thank you for your interest.

Emmanuël Corcelle