Re: [TeXmacs] NEVERMIND Re: Having trouble figuring out how to make a counter that resets to 0 automatically at each chapter

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] NEVERMIND Re: Having trouble figuring out how to make a counter that resets to 0 automatically at each chapter
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 23:38:09 +0200

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 21:07, David G. Wonnacott <address@hidden> wrote:
Sorry to ask and then answer my own question...

Quite on the contrary. Thank you for helping me not to manually reset counters at each chapter (yep, I was doing that). I think solved issues are most welcome in any list.

Best,
________________
Miguel de  Benito.

"David G. Wonnacott" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi TeXmacs folks,

I'm trying to get more sophisticated and say-what-I-mean in my use of
TeXmacs, but am having trouble figuring out how to introduce an
automatic counter that resets at each chapter. I'm trying to follow the
descriptions in
http://www.texmacs.org/tmdoc/main/styles/std/std-counter-dtd.en.html,
but somehow I think I'm missing something. I have attached an example
TeXmacs file that illustrates my woes. My apologies if this is obvious
from the documentation, but somehow I'm not getting it; I'm not sure
whether my basic use of counters is misguided but looks like it's
working (and thus is confusing me), or whether instead I am using basic
counters correctly but have blown it when it comes to counter groups.

Thanks for any help you can provide,
Dave W