Re: [TeXmacs] Turn off intelligent selection?

  • From: Alvaro Tejero Cantero <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Turn off intelligent selection?
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 19:23:05 +0000

Hi Chris,

I have checked this on a fairly recent svn checkout (4862), but it
should be true of 1.0.7.14 as well (latest stable; see
http://www.texmacs.org/tmweb/about/changes.en.html for the changelog).

Both the floating point number behavior and the selection expansion
in a formula like a=b so that extending to = automatically encompasses
b are turned off in
Edit->Preferences->Mathematics->Semantics->Semantic selections.

There's fast access to these switches via the icon bar (a wrench and a
summation symbol in the QT version).

I couldn't find anything that would affect the selection of a whole
parenthesized expression being triggered by selecting just the
starting parenthesis.

Cheers,

-á.