[TeXmacs] Problems with 1.0.7.14 on Win7

  • From: Chris Gerz<address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Problems with 1.0.7.14 on Win7
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 14:15:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi everybody,
since I need to write text with lots of formulae, I decided to try TEXMACS and
installed it on my Win7 notebook. Unfortunately, not everything works right
away. I need help with the following items:

1.) Fonts: No matter which font I choose in Document -> Font -> Text font, the
text appears in Roman.
The fonts which are displayed under Document -> Font -> Text font are those
which come with the installation, right?

There is also a LyX/MikteX installation on my computer with many more fonts.
TEXMACS doesn't seem to have recognized it. How can I tell TEXMACS where to
look for these fonts?

2.) On my German keyboard, the characters @�{}[]\|~ require key combinations
of
the form Ctrl+Alt+key, e.g. Ctrl+Alt+q for "@". In TEXMACS, these don't work.
think I checked all the available documentation but couldn't figure out how to
produce these characters.

Bug: As long as the document language is set to anything else but German, "�"
on my keyboard produces "�" in the document. Change the document language to
German ("�" is a German character), and hitting that key gives "�".

Thanks for your help

Chris