Re: [TeXmacs] LaTeX import and internationalization

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] LaTeX import and internationalization
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 00:02:58 +0700 (NOVT)

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, François Poulain wrote:
Now, importing LaTeX with utf8 files should works fine.

Moreover, if iconv is installed on your computer, most of available
local charset (latin-x, koi-8, etc.) are taken into account.

It may remains some problem with some glyphes (french quotes «», as an
example), and also it does no take into account "multi encodings", but
it should globally works.

I am very interested by feedback about it, especially for non-latin
languages (cyrillic, asian, ...).
Many thanks.

I've tried to import some Russian LaTeX files with

\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

and utf8x (I don't know what's the difference; it seems some TeX distros, including TeXlive, prefer utf8x for some reason). Works OK. I also successfully imported LaTeX files in koi8-r, cp1251, cp866 (the last one is, probably, now rare, but once upon time it was quite popular).

After importing some of these files, I tried to spell-check them. Works OK. I suppose now aspell is used? (I'm using svn 5232).

One thing I noticed: the (rather frequently used) LaTeX command

\\

is just shown as <\>, instead of line break.

Once more many thanks, Andrey