Re: [TeXmacs] spell check

  • From: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • Cc: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] spell check
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2012 03:12:01 +0700 (NOVT)

On Tue, 3 Apr 2012, François Poulain wrote:
I pushed on svn the patch, with some improvement (thanks to Jan
Lellmann).

Could some people test it in their native languages ? Especially for
non latin language (asian and cyrillic), because it really not easy for
me to test it (whereas it's rather easy to test italian spell checking
even if I do not know any word from italian ... ).
Sorry, I was wrong when I wrote that spell checking works. It does not. If I have a TeXmacs document (with Language -> Russian), mostly written in Russian but with a few English words, and spell-check it, each English word is considered wrong (this is correct). All Russian text is considered error-free, even if it is a complete nonsense. If there are no English words, spell-checking says that no errors are found.

I see that aspell is started as

aspell -a --encoding=utf-8 -l ru_RU

and this is corret. When I start it this way from the command line and input some mispelled word in it, it suggests corrected variants. Everything's OK. So, it seems that Russian words are not sent from TeXmacs to aspell.

Andrey