Re: [TeXmacs] GNU texMacs and symbols with diacritics

  • From: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] GNU texMacs and symbols with diacritics
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 11:30:45 +0100

Hello,

Le Tue, 06 Nov 2012 11:28:00 +0200,
Šiukšlynas <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Excuse me for my bad English.

Mine is not better. :)

> I've a problem with diacritics. How can I configure TexMacs to be
> able to write those symbols:
> ĄČĘĖĮŠŲŪŽ.
> Some symbols of those are displayed in Gnu TexMacs as code <#13> and
> so on.

This is due to the fact that the used font lack these symbols. To see
the available glyphes in the default font, you can check the Cork
charset table :
https://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb11-4/tb30ferguson.pdf

The simplest to do if you need these characters is to use a utf8 font,
like DejaVu (Document -> Font -> Text -> ...).

However, for the moment, there is no many utf8 font included in TeXmacs
by default. So, you can also "compose" some glyphes, e.g. via the
"wide" tag: <math|<wide|<text|U>|\<bar\>>>
or via the "superpose" tag: <superpose|<space|0.5spc>\<sz\>|U>
Then, you can define new tags via the <assign> tag. But this is a bit
hacky. Maybe, simpler solutions exist.

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>