Re: [TeXmacs] versioning tool (diff)

  • From: Stephan Kassemeyer <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] versioning tool (diff)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:27:10 +0100

Hi,
it seems that I answered my own question:

the problem was that the buffer doesn't get loaded before the comparison command. A look in the code revealed that buffer loading from the command line is now translated into scheme "load-buffer" commands which executed delayed. The solution to my problem is to
prepend the load-buffer command to my comparison command:

texmacs -x "(load-buffer \"`pwd`/version2.tm'\" :new-window) (compare-with-older \"version1.tm\")"

I used this to implement a "git texmacsdiff" command.
If you know a better solution, please let me know.

Best regards,
Stephan Kassemeyer.