[TeXmacs] Formatting problems

  • From: Christopher Svanefalk <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Formatting problems
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 11:00:47 +0100

Dear all,

I am using TeXMacs to write my thesis, and I am loving it! I do, however, have a small problem when it comes to formatting.

My layout is this:

Page 1: Title, author, date
Page 2: Abstract
Page 3: Acknowledgements
Page 4: First page of T.O.C.

The problem is that the first 3 pages share the same numbering scheme as everything else...I do not want these to be numbered at all, but rather the numbering should start with 1 at Chapter 1 (after the T.O.C). How can I do this? I have tried to insert a renumber-page tag on the first chapter 1, but it does not change anything (though I pressed enter to activate it, updated everything, etc).

I have also noticed that the section header for page 3 and the T.O.C reads "section", while the header for page 2 reads "bibliography". Why is this?

I am sorry if these questions have elementary answers, I am still relatively new to using the tool.

Thanks in advance for all help!

--
Best,

Christopher Svanefalk