Re: [TeXmacs] best practice for arranging long equations?

  • From: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • To: Ralf Juengling <address@hidden>
  • Cc: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] best practice for arranging long equations?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 20:26:03 +0000

Does \new-line work for you?

Also try \next-line

Sam

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 7:07 PM, Ralf Juengling <address@hidden> wrote:

I was trying to find some information on how best to
control the appearance of long equations. When expressions
get too long for an equation to fit on a single line then
texmacs' default line breaking can look pretty poor.

I tried adding \line-break inside the math environment and
sometimes that helps and sometimes it does not (I understand
that \line-break is only a hint to texmacs).

Another way I have dealt with very long equations is doing
the line breaking manually by breaking a long _expression_ into pieces and placing the pieces over multiple lines on the rhs
of an equation array. But this is cumbersome and breaks
texmacs' semantic editing capabilities (eg, I need to use
left and right delimiters instead of parentheses or braces).

I wonder if other users have found better ways to control
how long equations appear in texmacs?

Ralf