Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs paths

  • From: Miguel de Benito Delgado <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs paths
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2013 07:55:12 +0200

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 7:42 PM, Ralf Juengling <address@hidden> wrote:

I would like to store a style and related .ts files
along with the documents that I created it for. This
makes more sense than putting it under TEXMACS_HOME_PATH
because the documents are under version control and I
use different environments (machines and user accounts)
to work on them.

I usually just store the package whatever.ts together with the whatever.tm file, and in the texmacs file I use Document->Add package->Other... to select my file.

As far as I can see, the texmacs paths do not really
support this workflow. Setting TEXMACS_PACKAGE_ROOT
and TEXMACS_STYLE_ROOT to the directory containing the
.ts files before launching texmacs does not seem to work.

Those variables are only used to retrieve the list of available packages while building the menus. Search of any given package isn't done using these settings.

The document is not rendered as expected (I see the tags;
formulas are not rendered; lots of text in red). Texmacs
did not complain that it could load any style or package
files that it is supposed to use, though. So this is a
little hard for me to debug.

Those are indeed the symptoms of a missing package.

Any comments? What's the best way to tell texmacs where
to find a style file for a particular document?

When the style is really local to one document, I just leave its file in the same folder as the document.

Best,
--
Miguel de  Benito.

  • [TeXmacs] texmacs paths, Ralf Juengling, 07/07/2013
    • Re: [TeXmacs] texmacs paths, Miguel de Benito Delgado, 07/09/2013