Re: [TeXmacs] When to insert whitespace?

  • From: Victor Porton <address@hidden>
  • To: François Poulain <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] When to insert whitespace?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 19:14:33 +0200
  • Envelope-from: address@hidden

23.10.2013, 10:03, "François Poulain" <address@hidden>:
> Le Tue, 22 Oct 2013 23:22:30 +0200,
> Victor Porton <address@hidden> a écrit :
>
>>  The following two formulas (which may express the principal filter
>>  corresponding to a lattice element a) are rendered differently:
>>
>>  <math|\<uparrow\>a>
>>  <math|\<uparrow\> a>
>>
>>  What of the two is correct?
>
> Entering a space add a space. Did you expected another behavior ?
>
>>  1. Explain to the users when to use spaces.
>
> "Space" stands for function application. See help->manual->math...

Does it mean that I should insert space for EVERY function application?

Consider for example of application the function f+g to the argument x:

(f+g)x

Should I insert whitespace before x in this formula?

Also from your note it follows that in <math|\<uparrow\> a> should be space,
right?

Please elaborate in which cases exactly to insert or not to insert space.

--
Victor Porton - http://portonvictor.org