Re: [TeXmacs] fonts in pdfs

  • From: Ralf Juengling <address@hidden>
  • To: Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Ralf Juengling <address@hidden>, François Poulain <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] fonts in pdfs
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2014 10:08:05 -0700

I have run into another font problem: The postscript or pdf file exported from my texmacs file contains Type 3 fonts, which the publisher says is not allowed. Looking at the postscript source this appears to be coming from a postscript macro 'TeXDict'.

Could someone understanding the export machinery help me here? I have checked the exported pdfs from a number of smaller texmacs files and they don't contain Type 3 fonts. What might it be in the document at issue, that causes the TeXDict macro to be used?

Relatedly, does anyone know a tool that could help me find the text or symbols set in a Type 3 font?

Thanks,
Ralf

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Ralf,

On Sat, Feb 08, 2014 at 10:08:55AM -0800, Ralf Juengling wrote:
> You can reproduce the problem with the attached file.
> The pdf TeXmacs 1.0.7.19 creates from it (also attached) uses three fonts.
> The last one ("Helvetica") is not embedded in the pdf.

Please try with the latest version of TeXmacs; we have been working a lot on Pdf generation.
Both Max' native converter and the old converter (enabled from the preferences)
might produce better results.

Best wishes, --Joris

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 8:57 AM, François Poulain <address@hidden>wrote:
> > Hi Ralf,
> > Le Wed, 5 Feb 2014 08:39:42 -0800 (PST),
> > Ralf Juengling <address@hidden> a écrit :
> >
> > > I used TeXmacs 1.0.7.19 to produce a PDF which does not include
> > > all the fonts.
> >
> > Could you please send a TeXmacs document which disclose this bug?
> >
> > François

  • Re: [TeXmacs] fonts in pdfs, Ralf Juengling, 03/15/2014