Re: [TeXmacs] RCS

  • From: François Poulain <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Cc: Shivkumar Chandrasekaran <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] RCS
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 13:06:30 +0200

Hi,

Le Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:37:56 -0700,
Shivkumar Chandrasekaran <address@hidden> a écrit :

> I prefer using RCS for version control, and it would be nice to be
> able to insert the string $Id$ into a texmacs file so that the
> version information can be embedded into the texmacs file by RCS.
>
> What is the simplest way to ensure that the string $Id$ appears as is
> in the *.tm file?
>
> Furthermore, once I check it into RCS via "ci *.tm", RCS will replace
> $Id$ with a more complicated string of the form $complicated-string$.
> It is essential that this change not break texmacs. My first attempt
> at sneaking in $Id$ into the *.tm file did not work, so I am turning
> to the gurus on this list for help.

For testing purpose, I think you should add it in the "initial" section
of .tm files. This could gives:

<TeXmacs|1.99.1>

<\body>
Test RCS.

<\initial>
<\collection>
<associate|rcs-id|$Id$>
<associate|rcs-src|$Sources$>
</collection>
</initial>

By the way, you will have no guarantee that your Id string is conserved
as-is. Linefeeds and other stuff can occurs. Also, the Id string should
not deface the TeXmacs document. To ensure this, verify that the
brackets < > are properly escaped via \<less\> and \<gtr\>.

François

--
François Poulain <address@hidden>

  • [TeXmacs] RCS, Shivkumar Chandrasekaran, 04/18/2014
    • Re: [TeXmacs] RCS, François Poulain, 04/22/2014