[TeXmacs] [Texmacs] Problem with display of xfig figures

  • From: Raphael Assier <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] [Texmacs] Problem with display of xfig figures
  • Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2014 12:12:17 +0000

Dear all,

I'm new to the mailing list, but I have been using Texmacs continuously since 2007.
And before I ask my question I'd like to emphasise how great of an experience it was, it saved me hours and hours when typing my PhD thesis for example, and I use it now rather than paper when doing mathematical research.

I wanted to ask a question regarding xfig. I've always used xfig and texmacs in parallel, and using the special flag for math formulas, this allowed me to great technical diagrams.

I have noticed (at least since version 1.07.14) that when including xfig figures in a texmacs document, it was not displayed anymore.
But I got around it since when exporting to pdf, the image actually looked fine.
And when exporting to latex, the eps figure created is also good (this was the case in 1.07.14, but this doesn't work anymore in 1.99.2).

I've just upgraded today to 1.99.2 hoping that this was a temporary bug, but the same problem still occurs. With the new (and cool!) error console, here is what I get:

Error: Cannot read image file 'path_to_file/domain_11.fig' in qt_image_size.

I'd like to say that in older versions of texmacs, it worked fine.

I've attached the .fig image in case you want to test it on your machine. (But I have the same problem with all my xfig stuff)

I am using ubuntu 12.04 and texmacs 1.99.2 the figure has been created with xfig 3.2 patchlevel 5b.

I'd be keen to know if any of you have encountered a similar problem, and if someone came up with a workaround...

Many thanks for your help,
Best wishes
Raphael

  • [TeXmacs] [Texmacs] Problem with display of xfig figures, Raphael Assier, 10/11/2014