Re: [TeXmacs] Best practice of managing multiple opened windows

  • From: Alexandre Dezotti <address@hidden>
  • To: Fan Zhang <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Michael Snarski <address@hidden>, "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Best practice of managing multiple opened windows
  • Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 09:21:36 +0200

I don't do scheme either. There is some tutorial, you can find it with F1 "overview start". I never went beyond this.

Best,
Alexandre.

Not familiar with Scheme at all :/

Is it easy to pick up?

On Aug 6, 2015, at 13:24, Alexandre Dezotti <address@hidden> wrote:

Yes, but you only open an empty window, while the "load in new window..." in the icon menu, create the window and load the file. The scheme command is "(open-buffer-in-window buf cnt attrs)" (cf help file window-api.en.tm), it should be possible to add a custom menu with that (and file selection dialog).

Best,
Alexandre.

Thanks for the tip. I don't have a "Menu" toolbar, but View --> Open New Window works for me (and then Cmd - ` tabs between windows). The keyboard shortcut for opening a new window in OS X is Cmd - Shift - N.

Best,

Michael