[TeXmacs] URLs in Bibliographies

  • From: "Jarrad W." <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] URLs in Bibliographies
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2016 13:57:32 +1100

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get basic rendering of URLs in the IEEE bibliography scm file.
I've started by cloning into an ieeeurl.scm file, and have then added:

(tm-define (bib-format-url x)
(with u (bib-field x "url")
(if (bib-null? u) ""
`(concat "Accessible at: " (hlink ,u)))))

This nearly works! Unfortunately, the 'u' var seems to be getting
pre-parsed by TeXmacs. So, for example, a bib entry of

@misc{esdTestVoltages,
author = "John Smith",
title = "Broken Underscores",
url = "http://g.com/broken_underscore";
}

will yield a rendered URL of http://g.com/brokenunderscore, with the u
being visually subscripted.

Likewise, some urls (not most, and I can't work out conditions for ones)
seem to be being automatically parsed into (slink) tags at some point,
so for these, I am getting the end result of (hlink (slink u)), which of
course causes errors.

I guess what I want is to force 'u' to be treated as a dumb string, but
my Scheme knowledge is non-existent. Can someone help me out?

Thanks,
Jarrad Whitaker

  • [TeXmacs] URLs in Bibliographies, Jarrad W., 03/26/2016