Re: [TeXmacs] Cannot start Octave session

  • From: "PDS" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] Cannot start Octave session
  • Date: Thu, 05 May 2016 11:13:46 +0200

Hi:

i have been gathering around no success for the moment but some improved
learning

Assuming the folder structure is C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.n\bin i have reviewed
the situation:

at \Octave-4.0.0 level there is a btach file that invokes octave.exe at \bin
then if we point path to Octave-4.0.0 the plugin does not work
if we try from command shell octave -v echoes a credit text and octave --no-
gui opens a command line octeve-qi opens a graphic interface

if we point path to \bin then octave. exe is invoked and the plugin works and
from the shell octave -v echoes the credits text, octave -qi opens the graphic
interface and octave -no--gui opens octave cli and so on

the performance from the shell is the same in both version 4.0.2 and 4.0.0 but
plugins only works if path is directed to
C:\Octave\Octave-4.0.0\bin, that is directly invoking octave.exe and not
octave.bat that calls either octave-gui.exe or octave-cli.exe

Then the problem is then that either octave.exe cannot be "piped" with the
same structure posibly the function tmrepl() does not respond the same way
with 4.02 or with 4.0.0, or the response to -qi attribute is different

Can anybody suggest where the problem would reside.

Cheers

PDS