Re: [TeXmacs] About texmacs and geogebra

  • From: Shelby Hui-Jun Chen <address@hidden>
  • To: VD Ouvaton <address@hidden>, texmacs-users <address@hidden>, address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] About texmacs and geogebra
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 23:10:49 +0800

Dear all:

This answer would divided into two parts. One is for Vincent and TeXmacs users, and the other is for Henri Girard.

For Vincent and TeXmacs users, I will present some of my questions faced right now, and show the solutions I recently figured out.

First of all, I often use variables rather than traditionally x or y, and for example, sigma. Either I directly copy-and-paste any functions contain greek letters or I use Edit->Copy to, it won't work. Even for Copy-to-latex, it only show errors like the following graph:
Inline image 1

The only solution I can come up with is the "session" function. If I open a maxima session and does not turn on the "mathematical input", then I can get the _expression_ like the following:
Inline image 2, then I can directly copy and paste it to the geogebra and plot the h(sigma).

However, I am wondering that does there is any more convenient way to do so?

For Henri Girard, you mean that now you think the session function in the TeXmacs is less useful than Jupyter notebook? May I ask your reason?

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Shelby Hui-Jun Chen