Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs server

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] TeXmacs server
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 15:46:03 +0200

>The question: is there a way to communicate with a running TeXmacs
>to ask it to open the file xdg-open sends?

xdg-open opens the file just like double-clicking on it would; it does not
"send" anything.
If you want to communicate with an already running instance of texmacs you'll
need to use "sockets" and setup texmacs so that it accepts the communication.
This will require some scripting in both applications. You may find a working
example of such socket communication in https://github.com/slowphil/zotexmacs
(look in /src/content/zotexmacsbrowserOverlay.js and in "place in my-init-
texmacs.scm")

Best,
Philippe