[TeXmacs] vsep different behaviour according to the language

  • From: Vincent Douce Mathoscope <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] vsep different behaviour according to the language
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 01:45:04 +0200

hi
i here a phenomenon that took me a lot of hours to understand and i still not have the solution

it worked for Karl and not for me so i did this :

working in english (preferences/language)
a cell in a centered block with wrapping "centered"
I modify the format/paragraph/vsep values both to 0
i obtain this :

PNG image

working in french (preferences/language)
a cell in a centered block with wrapping "centered" (passage à la ligne automatique)
I modify the format/paragraph/vsep values both to 0
i obtain this :

PNG image

It seems that TeXmacs in this case not have the same behaviour according wether the language of texmacs in the preferences is set to english or french

maybe something related to specific typography of each language ?

i would like, working in french, to have the behaviour that texmacs has in english

any idea ?

Vincent

PNG image

Vincent Douce