Re: [TeXmacs] crash after renaming

  • From: "Philippe Joyez" <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden,address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] crash after renaming
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:41:10 +0200

Hi Vincent and Coline,

>we encounter bugs, systematically, when we rename a document and then try to
open it a blanck document with strange name appears

What do you mean by "systematically"? If such a "systematic" bug were
affecting that basic functionality in two OSes it would have been reported
earlier, don't you think?

By "renaming", I guess you mean when you "save as..." with an other name. From
the image it looks like it could be an encoding problem with the filename. Are
you trying to use accented characters (or any non-ascii character) in the file
name or path?

After renaming, does the file name appear as expected in the Finder (MacOS) or
Explorer (Win)? Is it readable (and non-empty) in a plain text editor?

The title says "crash", but the "strange document" seems to open anyway. At
what point does texmacs crash?

>it occurs both on my mac os X.10.4 Texmacs 1.99.4 and on Coline's TeXmacs

Many bugs have been fixed since Texmacs 1.99.4. Please, try with an up-to date
MacOS version.

IIRC Coline uses Texmacs for windows, and I presume it is the most recent
version (1.99.5) available from texmacs website. Some encoding problems in the
windows version have been addressed in this more recent non-official build:
https://github.com/slowphil/mingw-w64-texmacs/releases/download/svn10605%2Bextras/texmacs_installer-svn10605.extras.exe
Could she give it a try and report back?

>it can give sevreal examples :
For me, these files open just fine in linux and windows; I can rename them
without any problem (even with accented names) and they still open correctly.

Philippe