Re: [TeXmacs] abbreviate a command name

  • From: Massimiliano Gubinelli <address@hidden>
  • To: Michele Cirillo <address@hidden>
  • Cc: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: [TeXmacs] abbreviate a command name
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 17:24:07 +0200

Dear Michele,
 yes, there should be a shortcut to insert an equation array, but indeed it seems broken also on my version of TeXmacs. I should investigate why...

You can always define new shortcuts which suits your needs, for example check the nice tutorial in TeXmacs website:

Implementing a custom shortcut for your need is easy. The following scheme code does it:

(kbd-map (:mode in-math?) ("e q a ." (make 'eqnarray)))

This command means that when you type “eqa.” in math mode, then the tag \eqnarray is inserted at the cursor position.

You have to insert the code in a scheme session, but it will not persist from session to session. A way to make it permanent is to add it to your personal initialisation file which on Linux and MacOSX should be

~/.TeXmacs/progs/my-init-texmacs.scm

(I’m not sure what it is on Windows)

Best
Max