[TeXmacs] Why can't you easily change between environment types?

  • From: Amir Michail <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Why can't you easily change between environment types?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:43:09 -0400

Hello,

In LyX, you can easily change between many sorts of environments such as
between itemize and subsection.

TeXmacs seems to require creating a new environment and manually moving
content from the old environment into the new environment.

Also, in LyX, you can easily change the nesting level of items in a list
using tab and shift tab.

Doing the same in TeXmacs is more involved and you need to think about
creating/deleting environments and manually moving content.

I understand that TeXmacs is a structured editor, but I don’t think this
precludes it from making it more convenient for the user to change the
structure of the document in common ways.

Amir