[TeXmacs] Octave plugin on Linux

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: [TeXmacs] Octave plugin on Linux
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:04:21 +0200

Dear all,

the Octave plugin on Linux Xubuntu 18.04.2 gets stuck at "Busy ...". The Octave version is 4.2.2 (the one in the repositories).

There is an error message:

error: 'tmrepl' undefined near line 3 column 5
error: called from
    tm-start.m at line 3 column 5

(For info, before the welcome screen there is the following output

-ne

which I think comes from the shell start script and has probably nothing to do with the problem)

So it seems that Octave when called does not see the path that it needs to see. I have tried copying the whole content of the directory plugins/octave/octave/tm/ one level up (to plugins/octave/octave/) and it works (tried both on 1.99.9 and 1.99.10).

Maybe it is easy to fix this in a proper way, but I do not know how to do it. Should one perhaps add the path to Octave? Should the plugin do that automatically? Does someone know?

Giovanni