Guile 1.8 on Debian derivatives

  • From: ARTURO FATTURI <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Guile 1.8 on Debian derivatives
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 22:05:00 -0300

Dear friends.

Excuse my rough english.

I'm find some troubles with Linux distribuitions and Texmacs. Debian based: ubuntu, sparkylinux, MX18, Linux Mint, etc., are not supporting Guile 1.8. 9 They say tht it's "deprecated"). So Texmacs is not available.

At moment I can use Texmacs only in Centos. But Centos is very heavy in Desktop. I am using Texmacs to write lectures and essays of philosophy.

My experience is: you can install Texmacs and dependencies from the repositories only in Centos, Fedora, Mageia (I'm not certain about this especifically, theyhave guile 1.8 on they repositories). But Centos have a weird behaviour im my Desktop and Laptop, and Fedora have a crazy release cycle (tehey are neurotic about "the new"); Mageia have just a one year cycle.
Someone is having the same trouble with Texmacs and Linux?

Thanks

Arturo

--
Prof. Dr. Arturo Fatturi