Re: Fast conversion of TeXmacs files to plain text

  • From: Ingolf Schäfer <address@hidden>
  • To: Sam Liddicott <address@hidden>
  • Cc: TeXmacs user list <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: Fast conversion of TeXmacs files to plain text
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2020 17:25:49 +0100

Thanks for the tip.

A batch mode sounds interesting. Is there something like Emacs daemon mode for TeXmacs?

At the moment I just masked the X11 window when indexing by an Xvfb call, so that the users sees not window opening when doing a conversion, but that is as far as I was able to get myself. In combination with a batch mode I could have an invisible TeXmacs linger in the background and convert whenever the index daemon asks it to. That should be fast enough.

Is that kind of batch/daemon mode possible?

Ingolf