Re: reusing LaTeX-knowledge

  • From: Frank <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: reusing LaTeX-knowledge
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020 09:59:21 +0100

Hello,

To do that literally, you need to press $, \, a, l, p, h, a, followed by pressing "Enter", not $. After inputting alpha and "Enter", you can press another $ to exit the math mode.

(Of course, in math mode, you can just press a followed by pressing "Tab" to get an alpha)

If my understanding is correct, you enter the math mode when you press the first $, and after pressing \, it comes into kinda command mode. In that mode, by pressing "Enter", you confirm what you inputted into a real command (before which the command is still under construction) and since this command has no parameter, equivalently put, it does not receive any argument, you return to the math mode.

Best wishes,

Frank