Increasing the exposure of TeXmacs

  • From: Michael Shea <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Increasing the exposure of TeXmacs
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2020 11:51:44 -0600

This note is mainly for the developers of TeXmacs.

I have been working a lot with SageMath in Jupyter notebooks recently and love it. While I am hoping we will get a TeXmacs plugin for SageMath working in Windows, I have another thought that could increase the exposure of TeXmacs to the Math, Science and Programming communities.

I have more than once wished that TeXmacs was available as a cell type in Jupyter. It could be used as an alternative to the Markdown cell type.

Once people see how easy mathematical typesetting is with TexMacs, it could lead to more widespread adoption of TeXmacs in the communities.