Re: TeXmacs as interface for Maxima etc on iMac

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs as interface for Maxima etc on iMac
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 08:45:54 +0100

Dear Wolfgang,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 08:48:53PM +0100, Dr. Wolfgang Lindner wrote:
> If I start a Yacas session, do 1+2 (red cursor, this input 1+2 _not_
> visible!) and evaluate,
> the result 5 is given in a new window in black color.
>
> What is going on here?

Concerning the invisible inputs:

It could be that you are a victim of a strange font bug on a newly installed
TeXmacs;
I saw this bug a few times, but it is extremely difficult to reproduce and
often magically disappears after a while. In your case, TeXmacs might have
a problem with the standard typewriter font; maybe a broken TeX/LaTeX font
that
takes precedence over the standard one from TeXmacs.

One easy way to check my hypothesis is to use another main font
for your document, e.g. by doing

Document -> Font -> TeX Gyre Pagella

Please let us know whether this fixes the invisible text problem in input
fields.

Best wishes, --Joris

  • Re: TeXmacs as interface for Maxima etc on iMac, TeXmacs, 03/03/2020