Re: TeXmacs-Reduce interface

  • From: Daniel Volinski <address@hidden>
  • To: "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden>, Peter Rapčan <address@hidden>
  • Cc: Texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Re: TeXmacs-Reduce interface
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 21:18:15 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Peter,

Thank you for you suggestion, I tried it but it did not work.

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for you suggestions, I copied the plugins/reduce/install/reducerc into ~/.reducerc as written in plugins/reduce/doc/reduce.en.tm
but it did not solve the problem: I still get a Busy.. message before the command and nothing happens.

In stand alone Reduce I use CSL Reduce, but If I try it from within TeXmacs and I invoke Reduce I don't know which Reduce I am using. Is there any way to choose which Reduce is invoked from within TeXmacs?

I have redpsl in my PATH but I think it should invoke redpsl.bat not redpsl

redpsl.bat is:

@echo off
set h=%~dp0
set reduce=%h%..
"%reduce%\lib\psl\psl\bpsl.exe" -td 1000 -f "%reduce%\lib\psl\red\reduce.img" %*

In Windows the user home directory ~ is pointed at by environment variable %HOMEPATH%

Thanks again.

Daniel Volinski

En martes, 25 de febrero de 2020 15:57:42 GMT+2, Andrey G. Grozin <address@hidden> escribió:

On Tue, 25 Feb 2020, Daniel Volinski wrote:
> I'm trying to use the TeXmacs-Reduce interface to no avail.
> I always get a Busy.. message, and when I try to issue a Reduce command nothing happens and I also get a Busy.. message before the command
Have you copied the file plugins/reduce/install/reducerc to your
~/.reducerc as written in plugins/reduce/doc/reduce.en.tm ?
If you already have .reducerc, you should add the line from
plugins/reduce/install/reducerc, namely

lisp << if getenv("TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH") then load tmprint >>$

to your own .reducerc.

Do you use psl reduce or csl reduce? The plugin works only with psl
reduce. Is redpsl in your $PATH?

> I'm using Windows 10 64 bits.

This may be a problem. I know next to nothing about Microsoft Windows.
Where does reduce search for its init file .reducerc in Windows? Can
Windows run shell scripts, in this case tm_reduce? Its content is

#!/bin/sh -f
TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH="$TEXMACS_PATH/plugins/reduce"
export TEXMACS_REDUCE_PATH
exec redpsl

Does Windows know what is exec?

Andrey