Testing one's own extensions

  • From: Giovanni Piredda <address@hidden>
  • To: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • Subject: Testing one's own extensions
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 12:54:31 +0100

Dear all,

this seems to me better suited for texmacs-users than for texmacs-dev.

I have been experimenting with writing extensions for TeXmacs using Scheme (I have written about this a few times in the mailing list). I did not yet find a convenient way to test them after changes.

At the moment I am placing the Scheme files in ~/.TeXmacs/progs and the style files in ~/.TeXmacs/packages (I do not know if it is the "right" way as I still have to read through the interfacing section of the manual).

If I change the style file, the change is not recognized by TeXmacs if I do Tools->Update->Plugins (or any other command under Tools->Update) or Document->Update->All; stopping and restarting TeXmacs does not have any effect. So I have to write a new style file (I am writing very short ones, so I can make it work).

If I change the Scheme file, the only way I found to have TeXmacs recognize the changes is by restart. Is there a better way?

  • Testing one's own extensions, Giovanni Piredda, 03/04/2020