How to change the default language of Aspell in Texmacs ?

  • From: Nicolas Chouvalidzé <address@hidden>
  • To: texmacs-users <address@hidden>
  • Subject: How to change the default language of Aspell in Texmacs ?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 21:22:54 +0100

Dear users,

I have installed aspell and its french variant.
My problem is : the spell checking now works on Texmacs, but it tries to correct my text in english only (although I write in french) ! My document language is set to "french" in Texmacs.
My question is : how can I tell Texmacs to use aspell for french language (or to configure aspell correctly on my windows computer).

This problem was reported 5yrs ago without any answers (https://texmacs-users.texmacs.narkive.com/ybDZD5UV/texmacs-win7-x64-aspell-spanish).
I cannot find any help on how to configure a specific language for aspell (even on aspell site, which seems only to include commande lines for Linux).

Does someone know how to help ?
Thank you for you response.