latex Copy vs latex export accentuated letters

  • From: eric herbert <address@hidden>
  • To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
  • Subject: latex Copy vs latex export accentuated letters
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 16:47:26 +0200

dear all

I'm a bit confused about latex output for accentuated letters.

Exporting a file with the only letter "é" will success:

#######

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[french]{babel}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[french]{babel}

%%%%%%%%%% Start TeXmacs macros
\catcode`\é=\active \defé{{\'e}}
%%%%%%%%%% End TeXmacs macros

\begin{document}

\end{document}

#######

However Copy to Latex the same "é" will fail, showing the corresponding utf8 characters:

I tried to play with ASCII / catcode / UTF8 in the conversion to latex menu without effect.

Probably related to this problem, the accentuated letters are missing in the file exploration function of texmacs:

I'm quite sure I already used this feature with plain text in the past. What could be wrong ?

I'm using Texmacs 1.99.13 in french, under debian 10

thanks

Éric

--
# Éric Herbert -- 01 57 27 50 16