Re: latex Copy vs latex export accentuated letters

  • From: TeXmacs <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: latex Copy vs latex export accentuated letters
  • Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 01:29:05 +0200

Dear Eric,

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 04:47:26PM +0200, eric herbert wrote:
> dear all
>
> I'm a bit confused about latex output for accentuated letters.
>
> Exporting a file with the only letter "é" will success:
>

> #######
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[french]{babel}
> \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage[french]{babel}
>
> %%%%%%%%%% Start TeXmacs macros
> \catcode`\é=\active \defé{{\'e}}
> %%%%%%%%%% End TeXmacs macros
>
> \begin{document}

> \end{document}
>
> #######
>

> However Copy to Latex the same "é" will fail, showing the corresponding
> utf8 characters:

> I tried to play with ASCII / catcode / UTF8 in the conversion to latex
> menu without effect.

Copying and pasting is not quite the same as exporting a file,
since we cannot create a preamble with catcodes during copy and paste.

Nevertheless, I failed to reproduce the problem when using appropriate
user preferences for TeXmacs -> LaTeX conversions (Edit -> Preferences ->
Convert -> LaTeX). More specifically, I use the 'Ascii' encoding and
have boxes 1, 2, and 5 checked.

Best wishes, --Joris