Re: Export to HTML

  • From: Pedro López-Adeva Fernández-Layos <address@hidden>
  • To: address@hidden
  • Subject: Re: Export to HTML
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 17:34:15 +0100

Thank you, I followed your advice: http://forum.texmacs.cn/t/export-code-listing-to-html/303

Hello,

I recommend you to cross-post this question on the official forum:
http://forum.texmacs.cn/

It is easier to read and discuss long contents and codes there (it supports
markdown, so you can highlight your codes).

Best,
Frank

于 December 15, 2020 1:40:01 PM UTC, "Pedro López-Adeva Fernández-Layos"
<address@hidden> 写到:
Hi everyone,

I'm a first time user and I'm trying to move my blog to Texmacs and I
need to export to HTML with code listings. The code in particular is
Julia and so I don't have syntax highlighting but I don't mind it a
lot.
The problem is the way it is converted to HTML. More exactly,
everything
that falls inside the <code> environment is converted as a list of
paragraphs with teletype font (ok) but with lot of line interspacing
(wrong) and without indentation (very wrong). For example:

This:

struct Factorization
    user_embeddings
    item_embeddings
    item_bias
end

is converted like this:

      <tt><div style="text-indent: 0em">
            struct Factorization

      <tt><div style="text-indent: 0em">
            user_embeddings

etc...

I would prefer to change the conversion and just output the code inside

<pre></pre> tags.

I have some basic knowledge of scheme and I had a look at
$TEXMACS_PATH/progs/convert/html/tmhtml.scm and in particular the
function tmhtml-verbatim where I can more or less see how everything is

converted. My attempts at forcing verbatim-pre instead of verbatim-tt
be called have failed because Texmacs gets stuck at 100% CPU (infinite
loop?) and I have to kill it. So here are my questions:

- Is there some way of writing my document such that the code listing
is
exported to HTML as a single block inside <pre> tags?

- How to approach developing and debugging the converter scheme code?
How to run tests, set breakpoints, output info, inspect... that kind of

things.

Thanks in advance!